- 1 About Instant Pot 6 In 1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1.1 Features of Instant Pot 6 In 1
- 1.2 Safe of Instant Pot 6 in 1
- 1.3 Performance and Reliability of Instant Pot 6 in 1
- 1.4 Saute
- 1.5 Pressure Cooking
- 1.6 Release pressure
- 1.7 Compare
- 1.8 Reliability
- 1.9 Have you used this Instant Pot 6 In 1 Electric Pressure Cooker?
About Instant Pot 6 In 1 Electric Pressure Cooker
It is the counter-top electric pressure cooker by Instant Pot 6 in 1, all have beauty and creativity. Body and insert the stainless steel cooking and digital logic makes it possible to use as a automatic rice cooker, as well as a slow cooker.
Features of Instant Pot 6 In 1
For anyone used to pressure cooking with a pressure cooker, use an Instant Pot 6 In 1 electric pressure cooker is surprisingly easy and uncomplicated. Instant Pot features:
- Inox Inner Pot – unlike most electric pressure cooker, pots in – where cooks- food is stainless steel with a 3-ply base
- 6 in 1 Multi-cooker – pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, stir and warmer.
- 10 cooking programs – Meat/Stew, soup, fried, poultry, beans/Chili, Soup, Steam, Multigrain, Rice and Slow Cook, plus manual installation.
- Mode adjustment – Three temperature 275~302°F Saute (135~150°C), 320~349°F (160~176°C), and 347~410°F (175 ~ 210°C) and three slow cooker temperature of 190~201°F (88 ~ 94°C), 194 ~ 205°F (90 ~ 96°C), and 199 ~ 210°F (93 ~ 99°C)
- Delay timer – hours can delay the cooking of non-perishable ingredients up to 24 hours.
- Automatically Keep warm – pressure after cooking is completed keep warm mode automatically turned on to keep warm supper 145 ~ 165°F (62 ~ 74°C)
- Measuring Scale – Cooking insert scale glass measuring cup 2-10 America.
- Heating Element 1000W – faster cooking
Instant Pot 6 in 1 has an impressive list of features, but its peers unlike many only have one set of pressure, so we have to give it a small ding for that. However, the manufacturer shared with us that their next model (due out next year) will include a low-pressure setting that will operate at 6.5 PSI average.
Safe of Instant Pot 6 in 1
This electric pressure cooker has an extremely safe layer. Unlike best electric pressure cooker may need to intervene when something goes wrong, as Set & Forget electric pressure cooker can monitor cooking and appropriate action to remedy any situation around.
Here are the safety features of Instant Pot 6 in 1:
- Primary Safety Release Valve – The valve in the cap releases pressure if the pressure inside exceeds 15.22psi or 105kpa
- Packing last – Resort pressure release with the adjustment pressure valve failure, excess pressure is released into the body of the unit (between the outer layer and the inner pot).
- Vent congestion – Particularly the vent shield to prevent food from blocking it.
- Lock the lid – Lock Mechanical tidy opened when the contents are under pressure, even without power.
- Close lid Detection – If the lid is not closed properly, pressure cooker will not start.
- Temperature Monitor – Monitors temperature cooking and ensure that it remains within a safe range. Also, should the temperature exceed a safe range, turn off the heat sensor.
- Extreme temperatures and electrical protection – A special fuse disconnect power to the increase in temperature at a level that can damage electronic equipment and boilers try to draw a high degree of electrical abnormalities
Unfortunately, Instant Pot is a ding for the way one of the most important safety features of their work.
So the electric pressure cooker is not reached within a defined time, track temperature and stop warming pot temperature switch to “keep warm”, instead. This is to keep the food from being burnt. All this is good.
What we do not like is what the chef that the process works. Instead of warning that anything was wrong, the chef found countdown cooking time pressure like pressure cooking ordinary happened. It was only after pressure cooking time, probably five or thirty minutes, remove the lid that cooking (with hungry children or their spouses) to explore the under cooked meals !
The only way to ensure that the Instant Pot 6 in 1 is really pressure cooking and do not save your food from burning, that is looking at the cover and see if the key to show that the internal pressure. Must check this out when the count down begin to Set & Forget to set it check in the 10 minute and then forget it.
Although this is a negative, right away, Instant Pot listens to its customers to improve the model in the future. A previous model (IP-CSG) beeped to the pressure cooker has not reached the predetermined time and Instant Pot shared with us that beep alerts the chef who did not understand why pot is beeping. We think that a clear warning, signals or messages should be considered for future models.
Meanwhile, Instant Pot assured me that their next model, will have a prominent cover many basic courses turn it into a pressure signal.
Performance and Reliability of Instant Pot 6 in 1
The result was satisfactory for checking pressure cook our white rice (use the manual setting us time and rate standards), risotto, flan, potatoes and soup. However, pressure cooking technique more complex (bring the liquid content to the brink of a pressure cooker) as pasta with tomato sauce did not fare very good results with a scorched basis. We did not check the cooking programs or the slow cooking function.
Instant Pot 6 in 1 allows the chef to choose one of three temperature fried using the “Adjust” to cook food directly in the pot. It’s “little” 275 ~ 302°F (135 ~ 150°C), “Normal” 320 ~ 349°F (160 ~ 176°C), and “More” 347 ~ 410°F (175 ~ 210°C ). As expected, the sauteed button ‘only works when the cap is in place. Therefore, it can be used for both fried and to reduce the pressure of liquid when cooking is completed.
For pressure cooking, chefs need to move the valves of the cap to “seal”. This is a bit difficult because the valves do not feel solid, and, on occasion, we have placed incorrectly. Next, the chef choose a cooking program or “Manual mode” (where the chef choose the time). Each beep important as it is pressed. For each program, the cook can quickly press the “adjustment” for more or less than the recommended time or temperature (depending on the program) – This button only works for a short time – after that, adjustment can only be made by canceling the program and re-select it.
Once the pressure cooking mode “manual” is selected, the chef is shown 30 minutes of cooking time pressure – can be adjusted by pushing the + or – buttons. After the program, and the desired time is selected, LED display then shows “On” to denote the elements are in the process of reaching the desired temperature.
In about 8 minutes, a mechanical clicking sound alerts the chef that the lid locking mechanism is activated. Although, almost invisible, a circular hollow metal pin rose 1/8 “of an inch and can be seen in the hole behind the van.
When the pressure reached, the screen changes to start the countdown the remaining cooking time. When the time is finished the stove beeps and display will automatically change to “Keep Warm” mode, and the timer starts counting the minutes to show the “L” for low temperatures.
To open Instant Pot 6 in 1 pressure cooker can choose to open it through the normal release by moving van on the cover of “sealed” to “vent”; Released naturally by clicking “cancel” and withdraw the unit. Or to keep food warm at 145 ~ 165°F (62 ~ 74°C) up to 10 hours.
Removing the lid is a bit tricky. Common to most electric pressure cooker: the lid and the pot in the connected like a suction cup through the pads. Therefore, lifting the lid and lift the pot. To break the seal, gently tilt the lid at an angle.
The next difficulty, common to electric pressure cooker of this body type is a little dangerous for anyone standing near when the pot is being opened. Some condensation, which is still super hot, apparently hiding in the corner of the lid and the can to dribble out on any close up, pets, or children always handle the lid carefully. When the pot is open, turn it upside down on the pot (so any hot liquids go back in the cooker), located on a side up.
We often compare the electric pressure cooker under review with those in the same class. Since Instant Pot is a digital pressure cooker first we have to check in-house, we roped in the knowledge Barbara Schieving, bakes the famous Barbara, who has just launched a blog of pressure cooking new feed. She followed the same testing procedures and gave us comparative data for Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker to use in this review.
Although both electric pressure cooker reached about 11 minutes, our test has revealed a number of surprising. Instant Pot only a 2% average evaporation pressure cook for ten minutes (compared to 4% and most Cuisinart stoves pressure over 3.5%)!
We use Instant Pot 6 in 1 several times a week for five months and have not experienced anything breaks or does not work correctly in that time, we did not receive any reports direct the problem with this pressure cooker.
- Pot in the dishwasher safe
- External body clean
- Hand wash only cap, less complicated to clean and dry
- External pot lid goes trough near where it is difficult to clean
- Pressure release valve that can be yanked out of the screen lid and internal valve can be manually un-screw
The Instant Pot 6 in 1 comes with a rice paddle, soup ladle, 6 oz (180 ml) measuring cup and extremely high trivet.
- 3-ply stainless steel cooking inserts
- Size available: 6L (6.34qt), 5L (5.28qt)
- float valve with (70-80kpa) 10.1 to 11.6 PSI working pressure
- Largest cooking temperature measured at high pressure: 105.6 ° C (222 ° F)
- 1000 Watt
- Cord length: 57″ or 1.2 meters
- Width: (opening lining) 8.6 “or 22cm (base internal lining) 7.5” or 19 cm, cylindrical; Height (lining) 6.1 “or 15.5 cm; Dimensions: 13.4” (34cm) wide and 13 “(33cm) high; Weight: 11.5 pounds or 5.2 kg (lining) of 1.8 pounds or 837g
- 1 Year Warranty
- Made in China
- IP-LUX60 InstantPot 6 in 1 Guide
- Manufacturer Website: Instant Pot
- Recipes on this site using the Instant Pot pressure cooker
Some images and illustrations in this review is from The Instant Pot and have been used with permission. These include: safety diagrams, cross-section of pressure release encapsulated last resort, console and accessories pressure cooker.
Conclusions and Scores
It is important to note, that Instant Pot as a company, went to great lengths to educate the public about electric pressure cooker. Their company website is a gold mine for anyone interested in learning more about electric pressure cooker. For example, the history of the electric pressure cooker and comparative testing between their electric pressure cooker and a chef working on a coil of wire.
Instant Pot has earned a “Very Good” score from us for their feature set, stainless steel cooking insert, easy to operate.
Many of these dings it receives is not exclusive to this brand, many of his colleagues suffered similar problems recipes based scorched tomato, suction cap to the base, and condensate trapped in the corner of the lid.
While a few dings, such as the level of pressure warning only and there is no pressure, Instant Pot ensure I will be corrected in the next model, they release a new one for 12-18 months new features and improvements.
Use in Europe, Australia and Asia
Have you used this Instant Pot 6 In 1 Electric Pressure Cooker?
Add to this review by leaving your comments, below! In the interest of full disclosure, we would like to note that: The electric pressure cooker was sent to Hip Pressure Cooking by the manufacturer at no cost. Our relationship with the manufacturer, or lack thereof, does not affect the outcome of the review.
What do you care about? Be sure to check out our
best health product reviews!
You like this? Sign up to be updated with the most useful information from us!