- 1 CREATE BRILLIANT PALLET WOOD NIGHTSTAND
- 1.1 Step 1: Materials & Tools (All Check Here)
- 1.2 Step 2: Breaking the pallet outside
- 1.3 Step 3: Cut the frame pieces
- 1.4 Step 4: Assemble the rectangle
- 1.5 Step 5: Cut the beginning
- 1.6 Step 6: Sanding pads
- 1.7 Step 7: Assemble the frame
- 1.8 Step 8: The tape
- 1.9 Step 9: Make the drawer
- 1.10 Step 10: Make shelves
- 1.11 Step 11: Make a heart-shaped hole (Optional)
- 1.12 Step 12: Finishing the wood
- 1.13 Step 13: Final product
CREATE BRILLIANT PALLET WOOD NIGHTSTAND
Brilliant Pallet Wood Nightstand
No ink pen? What
a man without a woman is what?
A party without alcohol is what?
But most importantly …..
What is a bed without a pallet bed?!
Three months ago, an ol ‘big pallet found its way to me. My girlfriend has always wanted to have a unique headboard so I decided to make one for her.
Oh … If you like this instructable please vote for me in the contest pallet.
Step 1: Materials & Tools (All Check Here)
– Pallet is a weathered better (I use a large double pallet, you see in the picture)
– Piece of triplex or some other portion of thin plywood. about 4-6 mm thick.
– Satin finish wood stain (water based)
– Pry Bar
– Hole Saw
– Jig Saw
Step 2: Breaking the pallet outside
Pallet Wood Nightstand
Start by breaking the outer pallet. Use a prybar and a hammer to remove the bar. You can also use a chisel to loosen the black stone before you use a prybar, This Will not damage as much wood.
Step 3: Cut the frame pieces
Let’s build the frame!
Frame includes 10 tables (3×2 & 4×1) held together by 2′ rectangles.
– Cut 10 tables at 52cm using your circular saw (or any desired length).
– Select the table you want to use for parties and which ones to back.
– Place the plank next to each other and measure the total width. This is the measurement you want to use for your rectangle.
– The rectangular beams including 4 pieces of each. It’s really important to cut the beam in exactly the right size.
Step 4: Assemble the rectangle
When you’re done you can slice the rectangles assembly. The rectangle will be out of sight for the first time the bed is finished. A connection is not important enough.
The section is 70mm thick beam and I was not there long screws. I drilled a 12mm hole halfway up the beam to the building will be long enough.
Be sure to make a rectangular square and both are identical. I clamped down on the top piece of each other while twisting to make sure I make them identical.
Step 5: Cut the beginning
When you have finished assembling the rectangle you have to cut the original. Saws used in the right size pieces. You must also cut your boards long, an easy task for the bandsaw.
Step 6: Sanding pads
Before assembling the frame you can sand the pieces with the belt sander. If you’re crazy enough you can do it by hand, but I strongly recommend that you do.
I use a belt grinder in a circular motion to create a beautiful model.
Step 7: Assemble the frame
To assemble the nails I use only. You can use glue too, but it is not necessary. Frames should be strong enough.
Note: When assembling the wood it should be dry. I assembled wood frame when still damp (a rooky mistake). Once I put it inside the wooden house shrunk and seem to have shown. I do not care because it did seem for a rustic look. But it’s better to let the wood dry.
– First, assemble the input rectangular table. When the board is a bit too large, you can use the belt grinder to get it flush on all four sides.
– Monday nail down the table from the sides and rear. This is the difficult part. You must clamp everything down and make it nice and square before the crucifixion. I do not have a good image of the part. I clamped it down on a desk resting on a piece of wood, which later became the front panel (you can see in the picture).
– Finally, you can assemble the front panel.
Step 8: The tape
To make a sliding drawer easier, you can paste two pieces of plywood into the frame as shown in Fig.
Step 9: Make the drawer
The drawers are made of wood and a piece 5 pieces of 4 mm plywood.
– First, measure up the size of the plywood and cut it with the circular saw.
– Measure the height and cut a groove into the original 8mm in depth. This will fit the plywood.
– Cut the other table.
– Set the table on top of the plywood and put them together with nails and glue.
Step 10: Make shelves
When you’re done with the drawer (without board with heart shape), you can put shelves. Use screws to secure the two bars to the sides. Make sure the bar is even.
Now you can nailing boards on the bar shelves.
Step 11: Make a heart-shaped hole (Optional)
When you do this for your girlfriend I would definitely recommend making a heart-shaped hole. Chicks dig the heart. If not I’ll just create a round hole.
– First cut your table with the correct size.
– The second is to draw accurate heart desired. I used a hole saw (32mm). Always use a pencil and certainly not a sharpie. It will get in the wood and it is difficult to sand off.
– Drill two holes with hole saws of you.
– Use a jigsaw to cut out the remaining bits.
Now you can assemble with nails and glue board.
Step 12: Finishing the wood
The nightstand is now finished. To protect the wood and to give it a little more detail I used a transparent satin stain. I colored this stain with a little bit of black and white pigment to give it a slight grey-wash effect.
– Clean the wood.
– Sand the wood with sand paper with 150 grid.
– Clean the wood again.
– Apply a layer of stain and wait for at least 4 hours.
– Sand the wood lightly with 200 grid.
– Clean the wood.
– Apply a second layer of stain.
Step 13: Final product