Beef Stew in Instant Pot
Recipe is include in the more information bar beneath the video. First, I want to say next time I am going to use the Instant Pot preset button for Beef Stew — this time I wanted to see “how” it would turn out using this method which was great. The meat was VERY tender always the goal for me when I cook beef stew.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 packets McCormick Stew Seasoning (or stew seasoning of your choice for 2 pounds meat)
- 4 cups water
Vegetables of your choice – I chose:
- 5 scrubbed medium-sized potatoes chopped (my family loves potatoes)
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 cup raw green beans
- Add first three ingredients to Instant Pot, secure lid and put valve into pressure (secure) setting.
- Select Manual – high pressure and adjust time for 45-minutes (wanted the meat to be really tender, next time going to test at 35-minutes to see if results are the same).
- After the cycle is complete allow to rest for 10-minutes before releasing pressure manually with valve (I got busy doing something else – beauty of the Instant Pot is it will continue to keep the food warm).
- Remove lid and stir. Add vegetables of your choice ensuring you stay below the maximum fill line, put lid back on and secure the valve to pressure.
- Select manual again, and set time between 5 and 15 minutes, I selected 15-minutes because my family likes really tender vegetables in their stew, adjust to accommodate for you and your family.
- Allow to sit after cycle is complete for 10-minutes and release pressure. Serve and enjoy.