Drive Medical Lightweight Steel Transport Wheelchair
Lightweight Steel Transport Wheelchair, Fixed Full Arms
About the Product
- Attractive silver vein finish with nylon upholstery that is durable and easy to clean
- Comes with upholstery handles to fold chair and a foldable backrest for storage and transport
- Padded armrests provide additional comfort
- 8″ casters in front and rear come standard with rear wheel locks
- Folded Dimensions: 33″ x 10.75″ x 39″; Seat Width Between Arms: 16.5″; Seat Depth: 16″; Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
From the Manufacturer
Drive Medical Steel Transport Chair
If you find it challenging to get out and about and lack the ability to propel a wheelchair on your own, a transport chair can be the ideal solution. A transport chair is similar to a manual wheelchair, but has four small wheels and a lightweight frame, making it perfect for being transported around your home, or the shopping mall. Transport chairs are also generally narrower than a manual chair—great for maneuvering tight hallways or narrow doorways in the home. If a transport chair is right for you, then the Steel Transport Chair from Drive Medical is a fantastic solution to your mobility needs.
Simple and convenient transport without sacrificing comfort.
Safety belt for added security.
8-inch Composite wheels with rear locking mechanism.
Simple back clasp allows super quick folding.
Back folds for ultra compact transport or storage.
Easily fold the chair to take it anywhere you want to go.
The durable attractive silver vein frame is lightweight at only 26 lbs, so it’s light enough for a loved one or caregiver to handle. The chair folds compactly so you can take it with you wherever you go. It’s available in your choice of 17-inch or 19-inch seat widths, so you can choose the best fit and still enjoy maximum maneuverability. You won’t lack comfort or safety with the durable easy to clean nylon upholstered seat, padded armrests and clip style safety belt. The swing-away footrests with comfortable heel loops can conveniently be removed or the footrest can flip up for easy access to and from the chair. Four composite 8-inch wheels are maintenance free with rear wheel locks for added safety. Go ahead…Experience the Drive difference now!
Features & Specifications:
- Weighs 26 lbs
- Attractive silver vein finish
- Back folds down for storage and transport
- Swing-away footrests come standard
- Padded armrests provide additional comfort
- 8″ casters in front and rear
- Comes with attractive nylon upholstery that is durable and easy to clean
- Standard rear wheel locks
- Comes with upholstery handles to fold chair
- Convenient cup holder can easily attach to chair (Sold separately)
- Actual Product Weight: 26 lbs
- Armrest Length: 14″
- Armrest to Floor Height: 27″
- Back of Chair Height: 18″
- Brakes: Push-To-Lock Wheel Brakes
- Casters: 8″
- Closed Width: 10.75″
- Depth of Seat Upholstery: 16″
- Folded Dimensions: 33″ x 10.75″ x 39″
- Number of Wheels: 4
- Overall Length w/ Riggings: 33″
- Overall Product Height: 39″
- Overall Product Length: 33″
- Overall Product Width: 23.5″
- Primary Product Color: Silver Vein
- Primary Product Material: Steel
- Product Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- Rear Wheels: 8″ x 1″
- Seat to Armrest Height: 8″
- Seat to Floor Height: 19″
- Width Between Armrest Pads: 16.5″
- Width Between Posts: 16.5″
- Width of Seat Upholstery: 19″
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Transport Chairs a convient alternative to a wheelchair that enables a lighter weight rolling chair that is easy to take along for trips to the Mall, parks or just daily use. Companion Chair or Stroller are other terms used to describe a transport Chair. 250 weight capacity
About Manufacturer’s Warranties
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF]
Manufacturer’s warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors like the use of the product, where the product was purchased, or who you purchased the product from. Please review the warranty carefully, and contact the manufacturer if you have any questions.
Drive Medical Fly Lite Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair
Electric Wheelchairs | EZ Lite Cruiser Personal Mobility Aid
Lightweight Wheelchair Arm Detachable with Elevating Legrest By Healthline Trading (18″ FULL ARM)
Q & A
Q: What is the seat depth?
A: The depth of the bottom cloth is 16 inches, but since there is a 1 inch gap between back and bottom in middle, perhaps depth is 17 inches.
Q: how heavy is the chair alone?
A: The description says 26lbs. I didn’t actually weigh it myself though.
Q: I’m a hefty guy (around250) will i fit comfortably in this chair?
A: Yup, especially the 19″ seat as opposed to the 17″, this should be a comfortable chair for you. My sister is 5’10 and over 250, just to test out the chair that we bought for our grandma, she sat in it for a bit and was saying how comfy it was.
We purchased the Transport Wheelchair for our mother age 87 because she has trouble with shortness of breath and cannot walk short distances without much labor. We bought the chair without any prior experience with it, only having viewed it online. We are most pleased with the relief it has brought to our mother.
What DRIVES my Mom
So my Mom was visiting us here in Chicago. She had done knee surgery and though can’t be called disabled remotely- she can’t walk for long period of time. So we purchased it primarily to use it for navigating museums, parks etc. But boy, what didn’t we use it for? It is so easy to carry, so easy to transport and so easy to fold/unfold- we used it at
3)rough roads in national parks
6)wherever we CAN.
This would also speed up your journey as the disabled person would not need to make any effort to move.
Can’t do without this transport chair!
Although we have both a powerchair and a full-size wheelchair, neither would fit through our bathroom doors. This transport chair is perfect for getting through narrow doorways and navigating sharp turns in hallways.
Faulty wheelchair – wheel broke within the first week
At first glace the wheelchair seems great. It folds up nice and small, not too heavy, seems comfortable enough.
mooth and not that expensive
I got this for my wife, who just broke her legs as an accident, and thanks for this wheel chair, it really helpful. now she is fine and this one is still strong
The wheels are smooth and the material can really last quite a while, at least more than half a year