Aluminum Transport Chair Lightweight Wheelchair 19″ (Black)
- Aluminum Transport Chair Designed for quick and easy patient transport without the cumbersome bulkiness of a wheelchair. Lightweight 19″ transport chair with silver vein finish. Easy for caregivers to use and comfortable for patients
- Chair folds easily using pull-up handles on seat and folding down back, Quick release, fold-down back, Removable, swing-away leg riggings, Padded, fixed armrests., Dual “push-to-lock” rear wheel brakes
- Seat to floor height: 19-1/4″, Overall height: 39-1/2″, Overall width: 22-1/4″ open; 9-1/4″ closed , Weighs 20-1/4 lbs. without riggings, Weight capacity: 300 lbs, Seat width: 19″, depth: 18″, back height: 19″, Caster wheel size: 8″ low-maintenance castor wheels
Description Aluminum Transport Chair Lightweight
Wheelchair 19″ (Black)
The Aluminum Transport Chair by Drive Medical is lightweight and strong, making it easy to transport. The black, nylon upholstery is comfortable, lightweight and easy to clean. The wheels are lightweight, maintenance free and provide a smooth ride over most surfaces. It comes standard with swing away footrests and padded armrests to provide additional comfort and rear wheel locks to ensure safety. Easily folds for convenient storage and transportation.
- Aluminum Transport Chair
- Weighs only 19 lbs.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight and strong.
- Composite 8″ wheels are lightweight and maintenance free.
- Both 17″ and 19″ come with swing-away footrests
- Padded armrests provide additional comfort.
- Nylon upholstery is comfortable, lightweight and easy to clean.
- Comes with seat belt for added safety.
- Back folds down for storage and transport. Aluminum casted back release hinge allows back to fold down for easy storage and transport
- Standard rear wheel locks.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Width (Open): 20″; Width (Closed): 9″; Height: 39.5″; Length with Riggings: 33″; Seat to-Floor (Height): 19″; Back (Height): 18″; Seat (Depth): 16″
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.
About Manufacturer’s Warranties
Manufacturer’s warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors like the use of the product, where the product was purchased, or who you purchased the product from. Please review the warranty carefully, and contact the manufacturer if you have any questions.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter, 4 Wheel
Q & A
About Aluminum Transport Chair
Q: What is the distance in inches from seat to floor? not interested in relatives height
A: 18.5 inches, I measured it.
Q: Can the foot rests be removed
A: Yes the foot rests can be removed and I did that to lighten the chair and because my husband did not like them. They have been in a box in the garage for the 3 months that I have had the chair.
Q: How much does the chair weigh? Is it covered by Medicare?
A: It’s 19lbs with out the rigging and as far as insurance you need to check with them.
The transfer chair is fairly light, about 15 pounds. I have a bad back and can move it around and get it in and out of the car just fine. To be covered by Medicare, you must go thru the Medicare Process with a Medicare Approved supplier. Amazon is NOT. My understanding is that the patient cannot be able to use his arms to move a regular wheel chair in order for this to be covered and a doctor must attest to the disability. It’s much easier and CHEAPER to just buy it from Amazon.
To lighten the load of the chair I removed the foot rests as my husband did not like them.
About Aluminum Transport Chair
Purchased this for my 91 year old Mom. This is a very lightweight wheelchair. I am able to lift it easily in and out of the car.She is very comfortable in the chair, and I find it is easy to push.
Nicely built and fairly lightweight I have a bad back but there wasn’t a problem getting this in and out of the back seat of the car. I took the foot rests off to lighten it up and because my husband didn’t like them. A world of difference.
However, one of the foot rests broke and fell …
However, one of the foot rests broke and fell off the second time it was used, so it mainly sits and gathers dust.
This is a nice chair, easy to use and easy to fold
This is a nice chair, easy to use and easy to fold. I would have given it a 5 but the leg rests pop on and off too easy. It seems to roll great but the small wheels make large rough surfaces kind of tough. We are using it for private transport chair and the staff like it because of its size, yet it carries nearly 300 lbs.
I love this chair. My mother can walk, but at 88 and with low vision she is slow and tires easily. When we need to shop or walk any distance I pull it out and set it up. It’s lightweight and sets up quickly and easily. She seems to think it’s comfortable too.